Optimizing Therapies and Outcomes through Medication Therapy Management Part 2
This 1-hour session is part of a series that was created to enhance the relationship of primary care physicians and pharmacists in the state of NJ. Medication Therapy Management (MTM) coupled with prevention and chronic disease management strategies are effective evidence-based activities to address critical public health concerns.
This series addresses:
- How physicians and pharmacists can work together to optimize therapies through robust medication management
- How physician collaboration with pharmacists can address issues such as non-compliance, adverse reactions, and side effects
- …. and more!
This original series included 4 sessions. Unfortunately, due to a technical issue Part 2 is unavailable. A newly recorded MTM bonus session, not part of the original series, has been added following the 3rd session of this recorded series.
Missed the previous MTM course? Click here to visit the entire MTM series catalog.
IMPORTANT: You must add your name and credentials for it to appear on your CME certificate. Click the RED "EDIT YOUR PROFILE" button to add your first and last name (with credentials) to your profile. If you do not complete this step, your name will not appear on the CME certificate at the end of the course. If you wish to change your password, you may do so on the Edit Your Profile Page.
- Complete your Profile
- Click "Begin Course" button at the top of the right column to start
- Complete the pre-test
- Watch the presentation
- You must complete the evaluation and post-test to receive credit
- Claim your CME and download/print your certificate
NOTE: If you have not enrolled in this course, you must do so in order to receive credit. If you do not have a CME login for this site, you will have the opportunity to register on the login page.
PLEASE LOGIN USING THE BLUE LOGIN BUTTON BEFORE CONTINUING. If you are already logged in, the blue button will say "Logout." If the button says "Login" then please do so and enter your credentials or enroll in this educational activity.
Edit Your Profile
Please click the RED button below and make sure your first name, last name and credentials (MD, DO) are added to your profile. If you do not complete this step, your name will not appear on your CME certificate.
The AAFP has reviewed Optimizing Therapies and Outcomes through Medication Therapy Management (2) and deemed it acceptable for up to 1.00 Enduring Materials, Self-Study AAFP Prescribed credits. Term of Approval is from 05/13/2022 to 05/13/2023. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) by the New Jersey of Academy of Family Physicians. The New Jersey Academy of Family Physicians is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The New Jersey Academy of Family Physicians designates this enduring activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- Identify and apply the core elements of MTM
- Examine the issues with immunizations including updating immunization records, utilizing guidelines and record keeping
- Demonstrate the issues of pain management including appropriate use/abuse/misuse of medication therapies, differences of physical dependance/tolerance/addiction, and regulatory aspects of opioid prescribing and dispensing
The following individuals have no financial conflicts of interest relevant to this activity:
Sue Hockenberry, PCMH CCE
Theresa J. Barrett, PhD, CMP, CAE
Linda Gooen, Pharm.D., M.S. CCP