The Diagnosis of Lupus: Practicing with Uncertainty
This 52-minute presentation is part 1 of a 1.5-hour session and aims to help primary care physicians to:
- Understand autoimmune
- Raise clinical suspicion of autoimmune issues and challenges
- Understand what lab tests should be performed and interpret the results
- Identify the presenting signs and “type 1” symptoms of lupus (rashes, arthritis, cytopenia) to trigger an early referral to a rheumatologist and aid in early diagnosis
IMPORTANT: You must add your name and credentials for it to appear on your CME certificate. Click the RED "EDIT YOUR PROFILE" button to add your first and last name (with credentials) to your profile. If you do not complete this step, your name will not appear on the CME certificate at the end of the course. If you wish to change your password, you may do so on the Edit Your Profile Page.
- Complete your Profile
- Click "Begin Course" button at the top of the right column to start
- Complete the pre-test
- Watch the presentation (You must score 100% on the post-test to receive credit)
- Complete the evaluation
- Claim your CME and download/print your certificate
NOTE: If you have not enrolled in this course, you must do so in order to receive credit. If you do not have a CME login for this site, you will have the opportunity to register on the login page.
PLEASE LOGIN USING THE BLUE LOGIN BUTTON BEFORE CONTINUING. If you are already logged in, the blue button will say "Logout." If the button says "Login" then please do so and enter your credentials or enroll in this educational activity.
Edit Your Profile
Please click the RED button below and make sure your first name, last name and credentials (MD, DO) are added to your profile. If you do not complete this step, your name will not appear on your CME certificate.
The AAFP has reviewed Lupus Lecture Series: The Diagnosis of Lupus and deemed it acceptable for up to 1.00 Enduring Materials, Self-Study AAFP Prescribed credit. Term of Approval is from 10/20/2021 to 10/20/2022. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
1. Discuss autoimmunity
2. Recognize the manifestations of lupus
3. Increase knowledge of diagnostic criteria
4. Differentiate lupus and fibromyalgia
The following individuals have no financial conflicts of interest relevant to this activity:
Sue Hockenberry, PCMH CCE
Theresa J. Barrett, PhD, CMP, CAE
William Warning, MD
Eric Gertner, MD, MPH
Lee Radosh, MD, FAAFP
The following individuals have disclosures but no financial conflicts of interest relevant to this activity:
Roberto Caricchio, MD
Dr. Caricchio consulted for: J&J, Aurinia, and GSK
Dr. Caricchio is site PI for Clinical Trials with: AstraZeneca, Lilly, SOBI, Resolve, Novartis, and LuCIN