It is hard to believe that my term as President of this Academy started over a month ago. It seems just yesterday that I was the Board Liaison to the Executive Committee. It was a daunting path in front of me as I had a lot to learn. I have been in teaching all my life and had no experience in running a practice myself... Read More
NJAFP is working with the Garden PTN (GPTN), a peer-based learning network, to support NJ's clinical practices throughout the transformation process from fee-for-service to value-based payment. We can help you to prepare your practice with the following free services:
- Practice transformation coaching to prepare for Alternative Payment Models (APMs)
- PQRS and CMS reporting requirements
- Data analysis for quality workflow and revenue improvement . . .[Read More]
2017 Scientific Assembly
June 8 - 11, 2017
Caesars Atlantic City
Atlantic City, NJ
MACRA Final Rule Announced
On October 14 2016, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) released the final rule implementing the Medicare Access and CHIP Reauthorization Act (MACRA). The regulation finalizes all provisions of the law.
The final rule incorporates numerous AAFP recommendations, especially those aimed at assisting solo/small practices. For additional information, an AAFP News article that you are welcome to share with your members is available here: http://www.aafp.org/news/macra-ready/20161014MACRAfinalrule.html; the AAFP’s media statement is available here: http://www.aafp.org/media-center/releases-statements/all/2016/MACRA.html.
AAFP staff is continuing work to develop tools and resources that will assist family physicians, and we will share those with you as they become available.
Free CME-Accredited Vaccine Webinar!
Incorporating Vaccines into your Practice Workflow
Wednesday, December 7, 2016; 12:00 to 1:00pm ET
This free, CME-accredited webinar, provided through a grant from the New Jersey Department of Health, will focus on identifying and implementing pneumococcal vaccines into your practice workflow in order to maximize vaccine adherence in your practice. Join Dr. John Russell, Family Medicine Program Director at Abington Hospital and Clinical Professor of Family and Community Medicine at Jefferson and learn to:
- Identify ACIP evidence-based recommended schedule for pneumococcal vaccine administration;
- Summarize how to incorporate pneumococcal vaccine tools and processes into existing practice workflows and documentation; and
- Describe myths and facts related to vaccines and patient education options to overcome barriers to administration.