Pre-Participation Sports Exam For General & Special Needs Population (2019)
This course provides an overview of the requirements to conduct a pre-participation physical for young athletes, specifically those participating in Special Olympics.
Family Physicians in New Jersey
- Detect conditions that may limit participation
- Detect conditions that may lead to injury
- Meet legal and insurance requirements
- Assess athlete’s general health
- Counsel athlete on health-related issues
- Assess growth & development
- Assess fitness level & performance
Dr. Jeff Zlotnick (author) has no relevant financial conflicts of interest related to this activity.
AAFP Accreditation Statement
Application for CME credit has been filed with the American Academy of Family Physicians. Determination of credit is pending.
- 1.00 AAFP Prescribed
- 1.00 Attendance