Pre-Participation Sports Exam For General & Special Needs Population (2018)
This course provides an overview of the requirements to conduct a pre-participation physical for young athletes, specifically those participating in Special Olympics.
Family Physicians in New Jersey
- Detect conditions that may limit participation
- Detect conditions that may lead to injury
- Meet legal and insurance requirements
- Assess athlete’s general health
- Counsel athlete on health-related issues
- Assess growth & development
- Assess fitness level & performance
Dr. Jeff Zlotnick (author) has no relevant financial conflicts of interest related to this activity.
AAFP Accreditation Statement
This Enduring Material activity, Pre-Participation Sports Examination, has been reviewed and is acceptable for credit by the American Academy of Family Physicians. Term of approval begins 02/12/2018. Term of approval is for one year from this date. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Approved for 1.0 AAFP Prescribed credits.
- 1.00 AAFP Prescribed
- 1.00 Attendance